Functional Medical Testing
We use the following functional tests to help us better understand what is happening on a molecular level inside the body. Unfortunately, these tests are not subsidised by the government nor do we have the facilities in Australia or New Zealand to analyse such tests and most have to be sent to the US. This is reflected in the costs for each test (no mark-up is added), but they can provide invaluable information into what is needed for your health journey.
Gain meaningful insights about your health with this easy-to-understand test result. This test measures your immune system's IgG reactivity to foods, which can help guide a temporary elimination diet (provided).
- Measures - IgG reactivity to 132 common foods and additives plus Candida
- Collection Method - Finger prick done at clinic
- Take the guess-work out of food sensitivities
- Gastrointestinal (GI) distress/diseases
- Stomach pain
- Skin conditions
- Auto-immune conditions
The 'Organic Acids Test (OAT)' is a comprehensive metabolic (via urine) and nutritional snapshot of your overall health with 75 markers. It does not measure absolute values of nutrients but provides insights into metabolic products (organic acids) which gives a view into your body’s cellular metabolic processes. Identifying metabolic blocks that can be treated nutritionally allows individual tailoring of interventions that maximize your response to treatment and leads to improved health outcomes.
Mineral / Heavy Metal Testing $165-$285
The following 2 tests are carried out for both heavy metal testing and nutritional status of certain minerals. You personal reason for testing will determine which test is better suited for you:
- Hair test $145 - The 'Hair Essential and Toxic Mineral Analysis' provides information regarding recent and ongoing exposure to potentially toxic metals, especially methylmercury and arsenic plus time-averaged status of specific nutrient elements. This non-invasive screening test requires only 0.25 grams of hair (as close to the scalp as possible).
- Urine test $250 - Urine Toxic and Essential Elements Analysis' is an invaluable tool for the assessment of the net retention of toxic metals in the body and the status of essential nutrient elements. Toxic metals do not have any useful physiological function, adversely affect almost every organ system, and disrupt the homeostasis of nutrient elements.
Key Advantages & Reason for Testing:
The 'DUTCH' test (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones) is a comprehensive hormone profile that evaluates your reproductive and adrenal hormones. It is a urine test, dried on collection, that is currently the most comprehensive adrenal and reproductive hormone test available for both men and women. Hormones measured (35 in total) include DHEA, Progesterone, Oestrogen (3 forms), Testosterone, Cortisol, Cortisone, Melatonin as well as their metabolites. 8OHdG – a validated marker for oxidative damage to DNA – is also measured. Daily free cortisol patterns give insight regarding stress loading and cortisol response, which we compare to normal diurnal patterns.
- More comprehensive than serum, saliva or 24-hour urine testing
- Easy collection
- Unparalleled adrenal testing (diurnal free cortisol pattern with cortisol metabolites)
- Accurate and comprehensive testing of sex hormones and metabolites (including 2,4,16-OH oestrogens)
- Effective monitoring of hormone replacement (improved clinical accuracy for many scenarios)
- 8 separate lab methods (GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS) to ensure the most accurate methods for each test
- One simple test to bring you unrivalled clinical information and confident clinical conclusions
- Trouble concentrating
- Memory loss
- Weight gain
- Chronic allergies
- Bone loss
- Irregular periods
- Breast tenderness
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Low libido
- Heart disease risk
- Breast cancer risk
The above are the more common functional tests we carry out. Many more test are available so if you would like to enquire about a specific test, please don't hesitate to contact us.