Pure Defense with NAC (Pure Encapsulations)
PureDefense w/NAC contains a combination of EpiCor®, N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), vitamins, zinc and herbal extracts designed to promote overall immune defence and provide enhanced support for upper respiratory health.
EpiCor® is a fermentate of Saccharomyces cerevisiae containing various bioactive metabolites produced in a specialised fermentation process. These nutrient metabolites enhance immune cell production, including natural killer (NK) cells, B cells and T cells. NK cells are part of the body’s innate, or first-line, immune response. They respond more quickly than the adaptive
immune system comprised of B cells and T cells. Once activated, natural killer cell activity peaks in as quickly as several hours, providing rapid support and wide-range immune defence.
- Enhances first-line immune defence and upper respiratory health
- Contains a unique blend of EpiCor® Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentate, NAC, nutrients and flavonoids
- Supports immune cell production and function to support innate and adaptive immune responses
- In one cellular study, EpiCor® promoted natural killer cell activation, as well as that of B cells and T cells. In two randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials, EpiCor provided statistically significant support for upper respiratory tract health and overall immune health. A separate open label, in-house trial indicated a strong potential for EpiCor supplementation to enhance secretory IgA levels after 30 days. These various actions demonstrate the ability of EpiCor to address both innate and adaptive immune responses.
- NAC promotes endogenous glutathione production for antioxidant protection and provides lung defence mechanisms for healthy respiratory function. In a randomised, double-blind trial involving mostly older individuals, NAC supported comfort, nasal function and respiratory health through the winter months.
- Vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc provide nutritional immune support, enhancing healthy immune cell proliferation, activation and function. Vitamin D receptors have been found on a number of immune cell types, and it is believed to play an important role in seasonal immune health.
- Vitamin C and the bioflavonoid quercetin also help boost immune defence by supporting healthy antioxidant enzyme function.
120 capsules (60 servings)