Heavy Metal & Mineral Test (Doctor's Data)
Sample Required: Hair/urine | Test Type: Toxicity
The following 2 tests are carried out for both heavy metal testing and nutritional status of certain minerals. Your personal reason for testing will determine which test is better suited for you:
- Hair test $210 - The 'Hair Essential and Toxic Mineral Analysis' provides information regarding recent and ongoing exposure to potentially toxic metals, especially methylmercury and arsenic plus time-averaged status of specific nutrient elements. This non-invasive screening test requires only 0.25 grams of hair (as close to the scalp as possible). The benefit of this test over the urine is that it also provide levels of essential minerals i.e. iron, magnesium etc.
- Urine test $220 - 'Urine Toxics' is an invaluable tool for the assessment of the net retention of toxic metals in the body. Toxic metals do not have any useful physiological function, adversely affect almost every organ system, and disrupt the homeostasis of nutrient elements. This is the chosen test when suspecting long-term exposure to heavy metals.
Key Advantages & Reason for Testing:
- Quick & easy test to determine toxic element exposure
- People with high fish consumption
- Alopecia (spot baldness)
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Poor kidney function
- Parkinson’s-like symptoms
- Sexual impotence or decreased testosterone production
- Vision problems
Negligible admin costs are added to these test kits and they all come with a pre-paid courier bag (and instructions) for you to conduct and send yourself. The results of the tests get sent directly to us and then we forward them on to you the same day (the lab reports come with very detailed explanations/descriptions of the results). Thereafter, if you would like a consultation (online or in person) to discuss the results, our usual consultation charge would be additional to the functional test.