DUTCH Hormone Testing (Precision Analytical)
Sample Required: Urine/Saliva | Test Type: Hormone & Metabolism
DUTCH COMPLETE (for men or women) $410
The Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones (DUTCH) is a comprehensive hormone profile that evaluates your reproductive and adrenal hormones. It is a urine test, dried on collection, that is currently the most comprehensive adrenal and reproductive hormone test available for both men and women. Hormones measured (35 in total) include DHEA, Progesterone, Oestrogen (3 forms), Testosterone, Cortisol, Cortisone, Melatonin as well as their metabolites. 8OHdG – a validated marker for oxidative damage to DNA – is also measured. Daily free cortisol patterns give insight regarding stress loading and cortisol response, which we compare to normal diurnal patterns.
- More comprehensive than serum, saliva or 24-hour urine testing
- Easy collection
- Unparalleled adrenal testing (diurnal free cortisol pattern with cortisol metabolites)
- Accurate and comprehensive testing of sex hormones and metabolites (including 2,4,16-OH oestrogens)
- Effective monitoring of hormone replacement (improved clinical accuracy for many scenarios)
- 8 separate lab methods (GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS) to ensure the most accurate methods for each test
- One simple test to bring you unrivalled clinical information and confident clinical conclusions
DUTCH PLUS (for men or women) $450
The DUTCH Plus takes hormone testing to a whole new level. In addition to sex hormones and their metabolites, the DUTCH Complete (above) looks at the overall diurnal pattern of free cortisol and the total and distribution of cortisol metabolites. The DUTCH Plus adds the Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR) to the same test above to bring another important piece of the HPA-axis into focus. This is a very important marker for those with sleep disturbances and morning fatigue.
DUTCH CYCLE MAPPING PLUS (women only) $640
The DUTCH Cycle Mapping™ PLUS not only maps estrogen and progesterone through the monthly menstrual cycle, but also adds the comprehensiveness of all the hormone metabolites along with the cortisol awakening response (CAR).
Hormonal balance is key. Fluctuating levels of estradiol and progesterone play a major role in a woman’s overall health. This panel is designed for cycling women who struggle with ongoing symptoms such as monthly migraines, fertility issues, or PCOS. The addition of the cortisol awakening response (CAR), a transient, immediate rise in cortisol upon awakening (distinct from the diurnal rhythm), provides a fuller assessment of hormone fluctuations, baseline stress response, and reflects a patient’s ability to cope with anticipated challenges. CAR also shows a patient’s perception of control around chronic stress, providing insight into HPA resiliency.
When is Cycle Mapping Plus Recommended?
- Women struggling with infertility
- Women with cycling hormones and no menses
- Partial hysterectomy (ovaries intact but no uterus)
- Women with irregular cycles
- If the luteal phase shifts from month-to-month
- Not sure when to test due to long or short cycles
- Women whose hormonal symptoms tend to fluctuate throughout the cycle
- PMS, mid-cycle spotting, migraines, etc
When is Cycle Mapping Plus NOTE Recommended (DUTCH Complete Sufficient)?
- Postmenopausal women
- Women on birth control
- Women with cycles that follow the expected pattern
Negligible admin costs are added to these test kits and they all come with a pre-paid courier bag (and instructions) for you to conduct and send yourself. The results of the tests get sent directly to us and then we forward them on to you the same day along with a brief paragraph of what the results mean (but the reports themselves come with very detailed explanation/description of the results). Thereafter if you would like a consultation (online or in person) to discuss the results, our usual consultation charge would be additional to the functional test.