GI360 Profile (Doctor’s Data)
Sample Required: Stool | Test Type: Immunity
Our comprehensive and clinically-applicable stool profile (called the GI360 Profile by Doctor’s Data) includes 6 component test bundles that together give you a 360-degree functional assessment of the GI system.
The summary of the 6 parts:
- Brand new PCR Microbiome Testing
- PCR GI Pathogen Testing
- Comprehensive Parasitology by Microscopy
- Microbiology – MALDI-TOF ID of cultured Bacteria and Yeast
- Susceptibilities of isolated Bacteria and Yeast
- Stool Chemistries Testing
In a little more detail, the GI360 Profile:
- Utilises multiplex PCR molecular technology coupled with growth-based culture and ID by MALDI-TOF, sensitive biochemical assays and microscopy to detect and assess the status of pathogens, viruses, parasites and bacteria that may be contributing to acute or chronic gastrointestinal symptoms and disease.
- It is a gut microbiota DNA analysis tool that identifies and characterises the abundance and diversity of more than 50 targeted analytes that peer-reviewed research has shown to contribute to dysbiosis and chronic disease.
- Can identify the presence of 15 pathogenic viruses, bacteria and parasites using multiplexed, real-time PCR. Viruses are the primary cause of acute diarrhoea, and least commonly tested. The identification of pathogenic bacteria, viruses and parasites improves treatment strategies and patient outcomes.
Indications for analysis:
- Gastrointestinal Symptoms
- Autoimmune Disease
- Food Sensitivities
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Joint Pain
- Acute or Chronic Diarrhoea
- Bloody Stool
- Mucosal Barrier Dysfunction
- Abdominal Pain
- Fever and Vomiting
Negligible admin costs are added to these test kits and they all come with a pre-paid courier bag (and instructions) for you to conduct and send yourself. The results of the tests get sent directly to us and then we forward them on to you the same day along with a brief paragraph of what the results mean (but the reports themselves come with very detailed explanation/description of the results). Thereafter if you would like a consultation (online or in person) to discuss the results, our usual consultation charge would be additional to the functional test.