Active B6 (most ‘activated’ form of vitamin B6)
Research Nutrition’s Active B6 is a yeast-free, biologically active form of vitamin B6.
Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P5P) is the metabolically active form of vitamin B6 found in the body, and is known to be necessary for the transformation and utilisation of amino acids for many functions in the body, including energy production and neurotransmitter synthesis.
Activated B6 plays a crucial role in supporting the Methylation and Transulfation pathways and is involved in the production of hemoglobin, Intrinsic Factor, and is a vital component in the formation of the Myelin sheath that surrounds nerve cells.
For vitamin B6 to be utilised by the body, it must first be converted to P5P in the liver. Individuals with compromised liver function may not be able to efficiently make this conversion, and consequently may be at risk of a vitamin B6 deficiency. Out of 31 patients with impaired liver function, 22 had significantly lower plasma P5P levels than normal. Supplementing with Research Nutrition’s Active B6 ensures patients receive the most bioactive form of vitamin B6.
- The most ‘activated’ supplemental form of vitamin B6
- Involved in the metabolism of nearly all amino acids, as a coenzyme for reactions such as transamination and decarboxylation and the production of non-essential amino acids
- An important coenzyme for neurotransmitter biosynthesis
- May assist in the maintenance of normal healthy nerve and brain function
- May assist in the management of pre-menstrual tension/syndrome
- May help reduce the severity of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy
- Required in heme biosynthesis (Porphyrin pathway) and the formation of hemoglobin
- Required for conversion of homocysteine to Cysteine in the transulfation pathway
- Required for the conversion of folates in the methylation cycle